Sunday, November 21, 2010

I need to change the left inner tie rod on a 99 Ford Contour. How do I get to the end by the rack?

The instructions I have say to remove the sub frame. This sounds rather difficult to do out in the middle of my back yard. Is there another way to get the job done?I need to change the left inner tie rod on a 99 Ford Contour. How do I get to the end by the rack?
You can replace it without removing sub frame. You need to have inner tie rod end tool (rent or buy, check with your local tool supplier)

Remove tire, remove tie rod end (count number of turn when remove it so same number of turn will be used to install it), disconnect breather pipe, remove boot, remove travel restrictor (SVT vehicle only) at inner end of inner tie rod.

Use inner tie rod tool remover to remove the inner rod.I need to change the left inner tie rod on a 99 Ford Contour. How do I get to the end by the rack?
THIS IS A COMPLICATED JOB AND IF YOU HAVE NEVER DONE IT THEN I WOULD SUGGEST THAT YOU HAVE IT DONE FOR YOU BECAUSE OF SAFETY ISSUES.I need to change the left inner tie rod on a 99 Ford Contour. How do I get to the end by the rack?
I'm not sure, but I have a 98 Ford Contour.....and I just wanted to let you know that I am sorry that you have to drive that god awful piece of machinery....I am so sorry.I need to change the left inner tie rod on a 99 Ford Contour. How do I get to the end by the rack?
I would take it to the cheapest mechanic and have them do it. It sound like its going to be a pain in the but to do. Good luck