Sunday, November 21, 2010

How to repay an act of kindness,?

The company I work for was sold the new owner saw my car was in desperate need of repairs, he told me to give him my keys so I did and he drove off with my car. He returned at the end of the day and had done about $1,000 worth of repairs, new tires, front end alignment and new tie rod ends, even an oil change. I asked him how much it would cost me. He said $0.00. I have never experianced such an act of kindness before. What do you get someone who already has anything they want?How to repay an act of kindness,?
As a hurricane Katrina survivor down here in New Orleans (I lost my downstairs), I had been online ranting about how FEMA said I didn't have enough damage so I was receiving no assistance, but yet someone with no damage received several thousand dollars. I recevied an email from a total stranger asking me what I needed. I said %26quot;prayers and positive thoughts%26quot;.. They asked how my kitchen looked and I responded with the fact that I lost the kitchen and everything in it.

The next day I had an email with a link to sears.com and was told to pick a stove. I did. This total stranger bought me a brand new stove to replace the one I lost.

Here is how I repaid that stranger. I sent an email to them thanking them, and expressed how much it meant to me that someone who I didn't really know cared enough to offer such an expensive gift, and then I 'paid it forward%26quot;.. I didn't have the money due to recovery work to financially pay it forward, but I went out and helped several elderly people gut their homes and helped others clean up their property.



So my advice would be to give that person a thank you card, say thank you again to them personally, and then when you are financially on your feet, pay it forward.



It is good to hear about your experience, because it reinforces the fact that there really are good people in this world.How to repay an act of kindness,?
Pay it forward - so something kind to someone who needs it, and then thank the person who helped you. PS - that is AWESOME for you - congrats!How to repay an act of kindness,?
You repay him by doing your job to the best of your ability, He'll make that money back by not having to search for a new employee as talented as yourself.. ten pointer, hahah.How to repay an act of kindness,?
How about a heart felt thank you card?How to repay an act of kindness,?
work as hard as you can for the company show him that the kindness was done for a good and worthy personHow to repay an act of kindness,?
You can repay him by being the best employee you can be, and doing likewise for someone else if you are able to do so.How to repay an act of kindness,?
buy him a rose bush and write a note to him telling him how much you appreciate what he did and that words cannot express itHow to repay an act of kindness,?
Try to help someone who needs help.How to repay an act of kindness,?
Be grateful, %26quot;do on to others, and they will do on to you%26quot;...Return the act by helping others in need, when you can. Maybe these 'good' acts can become contagious! (*also, I'm sure you'll never forget this, and perhaps in the future, fate will provide you with the opportunity to DO something for that person) Thank you for sharing!How to repay an act of kindness,?
I agree. Pay it forward. Buy a very nice %26quot;thank you%26quot; card for your boss, and in the card, explain to him that since he said you don't owe him anything, you're going to %26quot;pay it forward%26quot; and help someone in need.

Or perhaps you can ask him what his favorite charity is, and make a donation to it in his name, and then give him the receipt in a nice thank you card. Say %26quot;for the person who has everything, who insisted on giving. I am %26quot;paying forward%26quot; your kindness by making a donation to *so and so* charity in your name....

You get the idea. That's great about your car. Sounds like you have a wonderful boss.How to repay an act of kindness,?
thank him -show your faithful subordination as a reciprocal.How to repay an act of kindness,?
I usually make a donation of time by volunteering for a charity like habitat for humanity or another way to pay it forward and then let your boss know that he inspired you to help others in a thank you card.How to repay an act of kindness,?
I get the feeling that a simple thankyou will do for this guy. Like others have said already, He is investing in you as an employee. But He's the kind of guy that likes to help others. The act for him alone is what makes him happy. I don't think it's an attempt to buy your loyalty but a genuine act of kindness.How to repay an act of kindness,?
It depends on how much it really cost him, and it depends on how much you make and the value to your company.



If your job has low pay and could be done by any gorilla with two arms and a pulse, then it's a big deal and deserves a thank you letter.



If you are skilled labour or your job requires a lot of training, he's buying loyalty and goodwill from an employee. Some might call it brownnosing, some (me) might call it good business. Replacing and retraining good employees is expensive. And even if this is the case, send him a thank you note anyway.How to repay an act of kindness,?
I recommend setting up a scheme of 'kindness points' - you award points for acts of kindness and when a person has accumulated enough points, they can redeem the points. Of course you would have to monitor it carefully to ensure there was no cheating but I'm sure that could be done.How to repay an act of kindness,?
NO!! to get someone something for their act of kindness is a big mistake, you would be putting a value on it, and therefore dismissing it.

Smile, be happy, and do your best for your new boss.



HE doesn't need anything except your loyalty, perform your own act of kindness for someone who needs it, therefore making the whole world happy ;)



PS. Does your boss fancy you? :PHow to repay an act of kindness,?
Your loyalty to the companies success and a really nice card.How to repay an act of kindness,?
You say %26quot;Thank you%26quot;



You dont have to repay kindness. He/She did not do it to be awarded a gift.How to repay an act of kindness,?
Repay the new owner in kindness maybe take him to

lunch or something like that.How to repay an act of kindness,?
The best thank you is to continue working for him and do good work. Maybe you can give him a nice thank you note and a box of good chocolate (nicely wrapped).How to repay an act of kindness,?
A book of quotes that express your thanks..........