Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do I change my inner tie rod on my 98 Grand Prix GT?

I have a haynes manual but this isnt included.Any information or places to go find DETAILED information would be greatly appreciated.How do I change my inner tie rod on my 98 Grand Prix GT?
take off your tire and use a wrench to loosen the tie rod make sure you count the number of revolutions taking it off so that you can put the new one on at the same number (to help keep your alignment as close as possible) but you will still want to have an alignment done as soon as possible or your ride wont be very smooth and tour tires will be destroyed in a whileHow do I change my inner tie rod on my 98 Grand Prix GT?
Here's the procedure for a Gran Prix up to '96. Should be pretty similar. Michelle Y is talking about replacing the outter tie rod. The part she mentioned about counting the threads does apply though. It will help you keep the adjustment pretty close. I do recommend Alignment afterwards though, too. Surprised Haynes doesn't have that.

http://www.autozone.com/az/cds/en_us/090