Sunday, November 21, 2010

1996 Dodge Ram 1500 2wd Truck Front end problems.. Any ideas?

So.. I've had this recurring problem with my truck. The front idler arm(steering link opposite the steering box attached to the frame) despite how many times I change it still has play in it. And the play in it causes a shimmy whenever I come to a stop which you can feel throughout the whole truck. I swear I've chagd the idler arm at least 4 times. Everytime getting an alignmet done afterwards. I've changed Outer tie rods, Inner tie rods.. And everytime it does it for a while, it ends up warping the passenger side brake rotor. It's too the point now where I've just given up. Let me add.. The truck does have a lift on it, but it did it even before I had the lift on it. Any ideas? Someone told me it may all be because of defective parts. But I've got idler arms from Kragen's, Auto Zone, NAPA,.. Any help would be great...1996 Dodge Ram 1500 2wd Truck Front end problems.. Any ideas?
the only thing that will really warp rotors are bad calipers or a restriction in the brake line not allowing the back pressure to release on it,or someone riding the brakes all the time,you may have dirt in the line or have a line collapsing on it causing this too happen,if you really take your time with it and start looking you,ll figure it out,a bad proportioning valve will also cause this too happen,good luck with it.1996 Dodge Ram 1500 2wd Truck Front end problems.. Any ideas?
Im sorry but that did not warp your brake rotor , you may have a sticking caliper or collapsed rubber brake line but the idler arm did not cause your rotor to warp and the warped rotor is probably the shimmy you feel when stopping Well it is rubber under neath that steel braiding and it may be collapsed enough to not let the calliper release enough all the time